Fort Worth, Texas
In 1997 Hope Church purchased a 63,000 sq. ft. vacant bowling alley and renovated approximately 29,000 sq. ft. for use as their primary worship facility. Their original "Main Street" concept utilized a wide open common corridor for the public street while the entrances to the sanctuary and other rooms were designed with elevations representing historic Fort Worth buildings.
In 2004 DLA was hired to design the finish-out for the remaining 34,000 sq. ft. of interior space to include children's areas to serve toddlers through elementary age children, adult classrooms, a cafe and new administrative offices. The design expanded upon the original “Main Street" concept.
The large photo shows the cafe, designed to resemble Our Lady of Victory Academy (1909), and an adult classroom, designed to resemble Farrington Field (1939). The small photo is a view of the entrance to the Conference Room, which was designed to resemble the Sinclair Building (1930).